TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all information contained within is current and accurate, South Eastern Regional College cannot and does not guarantee that the information is error free. Information can be changed or updated without notice. The College will not be liable for damages or otherwise arising out of or related to any information contained in this publication/website.
Please note that in the case of mispricing South Eastern Regional College retains the right to charge the correct fee whether it is higher or lower than the advertised price. In the case where a customer may have already made a purchase online the College reserves the right to request the difference or cancel the enrolment.
Whilst the number of places available for each course is advertised on this site, the College reserves the right to change or update these without notice.
Use of Student and Customer Information
Your data will be shared with the Department for Employment and Learning for statistical, funding and other legitimate business purposes including the provision of careers guidance. Your information may be accessed by other Civil Service Departments. The information is covered by the Data Protection Act (1998) which entitles you to see the data held about you
Cancellation of Classes
SERC will endeavor to run all classes advertised. However, we reserve the right to cancel classes which do not enrol sufficient numbers to make the class viable. We shall contact you if your class is cancelled and, where possible, make arrangements for you to attend an alternative class or offer you a refund.
All rights reserved.
Use of SERC logos and images
External parties cannot use any of the SERC logos or images contained within this site without the prior consent of SERC. Consent can be gained by contacting the Communications and Marketing team providing full details of intented use of logos or images.
Setting and Alteration of Course Fees
(a) Course fees are set annually. Information on course fees is published in the Prospectus or on the College Website and is accurate at the time of publication and all reasonable efforts are taken to ensure that it is correct. However, the College reserves the right to alter course fees as a result of changes due to external factors, such as those imposed by awarding bodies and DEL. It also reserves the right to alter fees should there be discrepancies in the fees such as those charged for a course in one campus compared with another. Where either of these circumstances apply and this results in an increase in the course fee then:
a. A student already enrolled will be required to pay the additional fee.
b. Should a student decline to pay the additional fee then their enrolment will be cancelled
and they will be offered a refund.
(b) The new revised fee will be published on the website and corrected on SERC systems and will apply from the date it is published on the website.
STEM Reward Initiative
1. The promotion applies only to the list of courses below and only to those students who commenced a course in 2012/2013.
|Introduction To SketchUp Pro 7
|CompTIA A+ Certification (Essentials & Practical Applications)
|CompTIA A+ Essentials
|EDEXCEL BTEC HNC Diploma in Computing and Systems Development (QCF)
|EDEXCEL BTEC HND Level 5 Computing and Systems Development (QCF)
|Introduction to Developing Computer Games in XNA
|MCDST - Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
|MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
|MCTS - Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Visual Studio 2008
|EDEXCEL BTEC Level 3 Diploma Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|EDEXCEL BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering (QCF)
|EDEXCEL BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (QCF)
|EDEXCEL BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in General Engineering (QCF)
|Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
|| £150 reg fee plus £100 per module (8 modules)|
|Adobe Certified Associate
|Access Certificate In Foundation Studies
|GIS for Business
2. *The promotion applies only to the tuition fees paid by the customer for the academic year 2012/13. This excludes any fees which have been paid by a third party (i.e. Student Finance). It also excludes exam fees and any other non-tuition costs.
3. This promotion can be used in conjunction with other promotions.
4. Rebate on fees will only be paid after successful completion (i.e. a passing grade in each module) of all modules undertaken for one of the above STEM courses commenced in academic year 2012/13. In instances where students do not pass all modules of their course, they must re-sit at the next available exam board in order to still be eligible for the rebate. SERC will use information from awarding bodies and Student Funding to identify those who are eligible for a rebate.
5. SERC applies all standard terms and conditions in relation to part time courses including those relating to refunds and course cancellations.
6. Rebates will be paid by 31st August 2013 following notification of successful completion of the qualification. Rebates will be calculated by SERC Finance Department having reviewed any additional funding and deducted what the student will have personally paid for the course.
7. This promotion will be offered initially for one academic year, from September 2012 to June 2013
8. This promotion applies to students who are commencing their studies in this course for the first time (i.e. are not repeating from a previous year).