ATI Level 5 Diploma for Accounting Technicians
The Level 5 Diploma is the 2nd year of the ATI (Accounting Technicians Ireland) qualification.
ATI is a professional body in its own right controlled by Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI). It is important to note this qualification must be started and completed in Ireland.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Taxation
- Financial Data Management
- Management Accounting
Contact Hours per week
8 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
A further 6-8 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Maths Grade C or above (no equivalency acceptable)
- Four passes at Grade C or above, 2 of which to include English (or equivalent) and Maths (must be GCSE Maths)
- In order to gain entry to this course, students need to have successfully completed the Level 4 Certificate in Accounting Technician accredited by ATI (Accounting Technicians Ireland).
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%-65%+ including one science module at a minimum of 60%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the Admissions Process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the Admissions Section of our website
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
ATI Level 5 Diploma for Accounting Technicians consists of a set of 4 examinations which are all externally assessed by ATI.
Organisations of all sizes from large multinationals to local firms depend on people skilled in accounting, finance and management. Career opportunities span a vast array of industries and job roles to suit all interests. There is a strong demand for accountancy skills in the workplace.
As an Accounting Technician you will be qualified to work in many types of accountancy positions and general management positions. Further study can lead to the Chartered Accountancy route.
The Accounting Technicians Ireland qualification has a distinct advantage in the market place as many employers view it as essential, when they are hiring. The course has enabled completing students to apply for key roles in accounting practices and in industry.
For example, many graduates pursue further accounting studies with organisations such as Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI), or the other professional bodies like the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA), or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). All these bodies offer Accounting Technicians Ireland graduates significant exemptions for taking their exams.
Registration fees paid directly to ATI, which includes ATI registration fee, module textbooks and exams fees. ATI registration fees are currently £670 but this may increase slightly year on year.
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!