Higher Level Apprentice in Culinary Arts Management
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds Hospitality & Tourism, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills
Course Code: 78837
Duration: 17 Weeks
The 2.5 year course provides a strong vocational content delivered through Hospitality & Culinary Arts specific modules. You will be presented with opportunities to acquire and enhance academic, technical (industry specific) and transferable skills (communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership, critical thinking) which will help you to apply to relevant jobs within the Hospitality & Culinary Arts industry.
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
- Events Management
- Modern & Classical Gastronomy
- Introduction to WBL
- Management in Action
- Managing Finance Performance
- Human Resource Management
- Food Tourism, Festivals and Events
- WBL in Practice
- Product Development and Innovation
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship
GCSE and University General Entrance requirement statement
- Three GCSE to include GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade c or above OR Pass in Essential Skills
A minimum of 64 UCAS points including:
- Two A Levels at A2 OR
- Level 3 National Diploma
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%+
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Grade C, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
This project is part funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund Programme 2014 – 2020 and the Department for the Economy.
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 NVQ Professional Cookery - Patisserie and Confectionery
This course is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in advanced patisserie
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This course aims to provide realistic training in food preparation for the industry at a basic level.
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This course is aimed at those who have achieved a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Professional Cookery
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Tourism, Hospitality and Events
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds tourism, hospitality and events, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills.