Higher Level Apprenticeship in Cloud Computing Technologies
You will complete a Foundation Degree in Cloud Computing Technologies along with work related qualifications over a three-year period. The Foundation Degree (FD) in Cloud Computing Technologies is aimed at meeting the local demand of Cloud experts in Northern Ireland. It will cover a range of computing specialisms allowing successful students to follow different career paths. Enter a short description here.
The Foundation Degree consists of 40 credits (normally 2 modules) per semester in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3.
This programme is based on a hybrid learning model with a focus on face-to-face delivery.
- Computational Mathematics
- Computer Systems
- Programming Fundamentals
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Web Technologies and Applications
- Data, Information and SQL Software Testing Data Analytics and Visualisation
- Cloud Development
- Innovative Delivery of Mobile Applications
- Work-based Learning
Contact Hours per Week
7 hours' contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study
Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
19 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
General Entry Requirements
The general entry requirements below identify the minimum qualifications needed to apply for the programme.
Other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis on application.
You are required to upload a copy of your qualification certificates to show how you meet the entry requirements for the programme prior to enrolment.
Applications will also require successful completion of the admissions process.
GCSE/ Level 2 Requirements
- GCSE grade C/4 in English Language, or Level 2 Certificate in Essential Skills Communication, or equivalent in an approved alternative qualification.
- GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics, or equivalent in an approved alternative qualification.
- 2 at GCSE level (grades A*-C*/9-4), or equivalent in an approved alternative qualification.
A minimum of 48 UCAS points:
- A levels OR
- Level 3 Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma with an overall average of 45+%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level
- B2 IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successful completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section of our website
Web Technologies and Applications
Data, Information and SQL
Software Testing Data Analytics and Visualisation
Cloud Development Innovative Delivery of Mobile Applications
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!