Higher Level Apprenticeship in Leadership & Productivity Improvement
The course aims to provide opportunities for individuals to develop skills and knowledge in leadership and productivity improvement. Candidiateswill also gain a fundamental understanding of digital transformation technology and strategy and will be able to identify opportunities for technology adoption in a business improvement context. The focus will be on driving real and meaningful change within a business that leads to tangible productivity improvements. The improvements realised could include but not be limited to; increasing efficiency, reducing costs, improving quality or any other business measurement metric that is deemed appropriate.
The aim of this programme is to develop learners through the completion of a range of professional qualifications that are inextricably linked to undertaking an improvement project (or range of projects) for a business.
The course is taught on a part-time basis over a period of two years. The structure of the programme enables the development of foundational leadership, management and project management skills in year one followed by the development and delivery of transformational change skills and knowledge in year 2.
The course is underpinned by a range of professional and technical qualifications that includes but is not limited to:
- CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership
- OCN NI Level 5 Diploma in Leading Quality Improvement
Minimum of 12 months experience in a middle managerial role;
- Operations manager
- Divisional manager
- Departmental manager
- Regional manager
- Specialist manager, eg HR manager/Business partner; finance manager, production manager, procurement manager, etc.
OR minimum of 24 months experience as supervisor/team leader:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Manager/Shift Supervisor Foreperson
OR are you an aspiring manager moving into a Leadership or Management Role
AND ability to carry out independent research and complete assignments
Applicants should also hold L3 qualification or higher; eg:
- L3 BTEC eg in Business, Business Administration, Law etc
- BTEC NC/ND – National Certificate/National Diploma
- CMI/ILM L3 Certificate/Diploma
- L3 vocational course, but if L3 NVQ for example need to be aware of written nature of assignments required for L5 CMI programme as many NVQs have very minimal writing involved.
The course will focus on:
- Understanding change in organisations
- Understanding approaches to change management
- Understanding how to initiate, plan and manage change
- Understanding Leadership Practice
- Understanding Leadership Styles
- Understanding the impact of Leadership within an organisation
- Using Data to Inform the Quality Improvement Process
- Communication Skills for Quality Improvement Leaders
- Mentoring and Leadership Skills for Managing Quality Improvement
- Plan, Monitor and Control Quality Improvement Projects
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!