IMIAL Level 5 Diploma in Automotive Management
- Leadership in the retail automotive industry.
- Business planning in the retail automotive industry.
- Customer service and quality in automotive retail operations.
- Business finance in the retail automotive industry.
- Managing automotive business compliance.
- Recruitment, selection and reward in automotive operations.
- Information computer technology for automotive operations.
- Managing automotive service and workshop organisation.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
4 hours contact time per week to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
A further 4 hours per week, on average, studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
A minimum of 48 UCAS points including:
- Two A Levels at A2 in a related curriculum area OR
- Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 50%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
This programme has been designed to cater for technicians who intend to be involved in the supervision and management of a motor vehicle garage, fleet transport or plant workshop.
Successful completion can lead to a Degree in Business Management.
It is also suitable if you are currently employed as a workshop foreman, service manager or fleet engineer/manager.
How will it make me more employable?
As well as gaining a recognised qualification, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in relation to giving presentations, report writing and carrying out research.
There are no additional costs associated with this programme.
*Please note that this is a two year Programme and tuition fees are applicable in Year 1 and Year 2*
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
This qualification is designed to develop individual’s knowledge and application of diagnosing and rectifying vehicle system faults.
Construction Plant Maintenance - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This 2 year course will equip you with the skills needed to become a construction plant mechanic involved in the service and maintenance of equipment used on construction sites.
Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Light Vehicle) - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This course is offered with Light Vehicle Repair or Heavy Vehicle Repair options.