Level 2 Apprenticeship NI in Wall and Floor Tiling
This qualification is ideal for those working in the construction industry and specialising in wall and floor tiling.
This qualification is ideal for those working in the construction industry and specialising in wall and floor tiling. This course allows the candidate to demonstrate their competence and knowledge in this area in order to gain a formal Level 2 qualification.
The course is 2 years in total, students will attend college 1 or 2 days per week and 3 or 4 days will be spent with an employer.
The Programme is made up of 2 qualifications:
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Wall and Floor Tiling (Construction) (6560-04)
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Laying under tile heating systems and tiling surfaces in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Laying sand and cement screeds in the workplace
- Preparing backgrounds for tiling in the workplace
- Tiling wall and floor surfaces in the workplace
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling (6710-23)
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Preparing backgrounds for tiling
- Forming sand and cement screeds
- Tile wall surfaces
- Tile floor surfaces
You will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy, Numeracy and IT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English, Maths or IT.
An employer and 5 GCSEs including at least Grade F in English and Maths.
However to help you succeed on the course it is preferable if you have a minimum of Grade D in Maths and English.
Applicants will be required to attend for interview and undertake a skills test before entry to the course can be guaranteed.
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!