Level 2 Award in Gas Safety Awareness in Social Housing
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
This qualification is for learners, working within the social housing sector, who have a need to be aware of gas safety matters affecting their residents:
- Know the types of gas used in domestic dwellings and the requirements for correct combustion
- Understand the effects that Carbon Monoxide can have on the human body Know how Carbon Monoxide detectors should be used to reduce the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning
- Know how to identify the signs of an appliance which has combustion/flue/ventilation problems
- Understand the requirements for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations
- Understand the requirements placed upon gas installers to work legally in domestic properties
- Understand the actions necessary in the event of an escape of gas or report of fumes
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Plumbing - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This 2 year course will equip you with the Level 2 outcomes required to match the occupational framework.
Plumbing - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This 2 year course consists of advanced practical tasks to include installation and testing of oil or gas systems, unvented hot water cylinders, heating controls and fault diagnosis.
Plumbing - Skills for Work (Level 2)
This course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to pursue a career in the plumbing industry.