Level 2 Certificate Horticulture
The Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) Certificate is over 100 years old. The examination provides a nationally-recognised qualification, not only for those intending to pursue a professional career in horticulture, but also for the dedicated amateur gardeners who wish to have their knowledge and skills formally assessed.
The aims of the award are to:
- Demonstrate evidence of a broad base of horticulture knowledge
- Communicate in writing clearly and coherently on horticulture matters
- Relate horticultural science to its practical application
This is a largely theory based qualification
This is a two year course which is made up of two qualifications:
Important Information on the Full Fee – Please note that this fee is for the 1st year only. Fees will apply for each year of a course.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development Units studied are:
- Plant classification, structure, and function
- Plant nutrition and the root environment
- Maintaining plant health
- Understanding plant propagation
RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance Units studied are:
- Understanding garden features, plant selection and planning
- Understanding the choice, establishment and maintenance of garden plants and lawns
- Understanding the production of outdoor vegetables and fruit
- Understanding protected environments and their use in plant cultivation
On achievement of both you will be awarded your RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture
This Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture is a 2 year programme which will prepare you for working in the horticulture industry. Students will participate in work experience in the college gardens, as well as with local employers.
Level 2 in Garden Design
This course aims to give an understanding of the design process, to develop basic drawing skills and to produce garden and planting plans.
Autumn and Winter Gardening
This course provides an introduction to practical gardening techniques in a relaxed and informal environment.