Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
The Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills that are needed to plan, deliver and supervise safe but effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment.
10 week pathway
The course is offered on two evenings per week over 10 weeks. One evening is delivered face to face with the second online (supported by virtual learning content).
The course is offered in a 1-week intensive format. A ½ day Introductory Session is offered two weeks prior to the commencement of the course with further assessment windows completed on completion of the intensive week. The course is supported by virtual learning content
During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions
- Professionalism for fitness instructing
- Personal and professional development
- Delivering exceptional customer service
A wide number of progression routes are available on completion of the Level 2 qualification, including:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuits
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Group Exercise)
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health
Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!