Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Provides essential knowledge and skills to anyone working with or aiming to work with individuals with learning disabilities.
This qualification provides learners with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills around supporting individuals with learning disabilities. It is aimed at learners who support individuals with learning disabilities as part of their job role.
The Award offers the opportunity for learning in small bite sized pieces and has a variety of potential uses. People for whom the Award may be suitable for are:
- those whose job role is not exclusively focused around supporting individuals with learning disabilities, but who come into contact with people as part of their job, for example: - health - care - education - housing - leisure - employment - libraries - people working in probation
- employment support workers, dementia care advisors and palliative care professionals could complete the award to enable them to better tailor their service to people’s needs. Used in this context this qualification would support the implementation of the current autism, dementia and end of life strategies for people with learning disabilities
- workers who are new to learning disability services but already know about social care
- workers in learning disability services wishing to undertake a shorter CPD qualification
- people in community and volunteering roles who work alongside or support people with a learning disability who want more information so that they can work towards providing high quality care for individuals with learning disabilities.
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!