Level 3 Certificate in Computerised Payroll Administration
This qualification has been designed to provide the essential knowledge and skills required to complement and enable candidates to progress to other L3 qualifications in the IAB framework and to give the confidence and skills to seek employment.
In summary, the qualification will enable candidates to:
- Accurately process/administer payroll under Real Time Information (RTI) regulations using computer based skills
- Develop their understanding of more advanced aspects of day-to-day payroll procedures and how to apply them to a computerised system (to include monthly and year end routines and treatment of employee expenses and benefits).
- Develop skills in dealing with the NIC for directors and the information required by the commercial software to calculate NIC for a director.
- Develop an understanding of the processing of redundancy and further termination payments.
- Develop further skills to perform routine and some non-routine payroll tasks.
- Reconciling the payroll at period ends using both manual and computerised techniques
- Understand the importance of accuracy, security and statutory responsibilities in performing any payroll task
1 Be able to set up and maintain a computerised payroll system
2 Be able to set up employee records within a computerised payroll system
3 Be able to determine an employee’s gross pay from a range of payroll information
4 Be able to enter details of gross pay elements into the computerised payroll system
5 Be able to enter details of voluntary and statutory deductions
6 Be able to process the payroll within given timescales
7 Be able to reconcile the payroll and produce internal and external reports according to given timescales
The Level 3 Certificate in Payroll for Business qualification aims to provide learners with a comprehensive range of knowledge and the practical skills that they will be able to use as a senior payroll processor or payroll administrator for a variety of businesses.
On successful completion of the qualification the learner will have the knowledge and skills to:
Accurately process and/or administer the payroll under Real Time Information (RTI) regulations using manual and computer based skills
Keep accurate payroll records keeping; giving the learner the necessary skills to record financial payroll transactions in a both a manual and computerised environment
Assess their own competence in carrying out a range of payroll routines and activities in both manual and computerised payroll system including day-to-day, monthly and year end routines. The activities will include the calculation of pay data and processing of that data using day-to-day payroll processing skills and reconciling the payroll at period ends
Deal with different payroll situations, such as directors and those leaving their employment due to redundancy
Assess the implications when accuracy is not maintained
Understand the importance of security and confidentiality in performing all payroll task
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!