Level 3 Diploma for Children's Care. Learning and Development (Wales and Northern Ireland)
Part time Option:
The course consists of mandatory units which are complimented by optional units.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
• Early Years/Foundation Stage Practitioner
• Special Educational Needs Support Worker
• Nanny/Home-based Child Carer
• Children’s Centre Practitioner
The following points are available for this qualification: 120 to 360 points
Access NI clearance will need to be processed for each student at a cost of £33
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Modules may include:
- Introduction to working with children
- Development from conception to age 16
- Supporting Children
- Keeping Children safe
- Principles underpinning the role of the practitioner working with children
- Promoting healthy living for children
- Play & learning in children's education
- Caring for children
- Development of professional skills within children's education
Optional units may include :
- Research into childcare, education & development
- care of sick children
- Nutrition and healthy food for children
- Child family and outside world working with children with special needs
- Developing children - 3-8 years numeracy skills
- developing children - 3-8 years communication, language & literacy skills
- International approaches towards children's education
- working with babies from birth to 12 months
- Multi-agency working with children
- Children, parent and family needs
- Supporting Children with English as an additional language
It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s settings including early years.
4 GCSEs at Grade C including either Maths or English at GCSE or equivalent, or a level 2 Diploma in CCLD, or BTEC First Diploma at merit or above. You are required to complete an Access NI clearance.
You will also be required to pass initial numeracy and literacy interview assessment .
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Queen's University Belfast Foundation Degree Early Childhood Studies
This course is suitable for all students who wish to work in an early years setting. The course is delivered through a combination of classroom teaching and practical work placements. Both of these elements are a compulsory part of the course. There is a focus on helping you to develop the knowledge, skills and values necessary for employment and professional development with the Early Years sector. To apply for this course you must apply via UCAS at Stranmillis University.
CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Management)
This qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in children’s care, learning and development. It confers occupational competence to work in a management role within a regulated Early Years setting. All students in this course may be eligible for Higher Level Apprenticeship funding. Please speak to Tutors at interview in respect of the Higher level funding for this course.
Level 3 Extended Diploma for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Top-Up)
This programme prepares you for work in an early years setting