Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
This QCF Level 3 Diploma is a competency based qualification designed for staff already working within health and social care.
The City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Northern Ireland) is a competence-based qualification specifically designed for learners working or wanting to work in Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland in a range of roles, for example:
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in residential settings, including those undertaking specific healthcare tasks
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services, including those undertaking specific healthcare tasks
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- Support workers in supported living projects
- Community-based care assistants/support workers/key workers, including those working in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
- Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
It allows learners to learn about health and social care and to develop and refine practical and technical skills required for employment and/or career progression in the health and social care sector.
The qualification is formed of mandatory and optional units.
The mandatory units cover core competencies that have been categorised around the following four key themes:
- Communication and Information Sharing
- Health and Wellbeing
- Principles and Values
- Continuing Professional Development in Health and Social Care.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 58 credits to gain this qualification.
Learners must achieve 37 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 21 credits from the optional units.
To be working in a Health and Social Care role, ideally in a Senior Carer position to support content of competency assessments.
This course will not run on a Saturday.
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!