Level 3 Pharmacy Services
The aim of this course is that you achieve qualified status within the Dispensing Pharmaceutical Industry. The requirement for this is both qualifications; The BTEC L3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and the NVQ L3 Diploma in Pharmacy Services. However, the option is available to complete either independently.
Please Note: This is a two-year programme, which may consist of two courses. Fees displayed are for one option, the BTEC only and year one only. Full fees are dependent on the option chosen. To be advised of all options available and fees please contact customer services.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
There are 19 compulsory units which include these examples:
- Chemical Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
- Biological Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Law, Ethics and Practice
- An Introduction to Action and Uses of Medicines
- Making Medicines
- Communication in Pharmacy
- Professional Development in Pharmacy
- Human Physiology for Pharmacy Technicians
- Microbiology for Pharmacy Technicians
For the L3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Services:
There are 14 Mandatory Units and at least 3 Optional Units on the Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) which includes:
- Providing an effective and responsive pharmacy service
- Processing pharmaceutical queries
- Assembling and issuing prescribed items
- Ordering, receiving, maintaining and issuing pharmaceutical stock
- Preparing extemporaneous medicines for personal use
For the BTEC:
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths and Science. Equivalent qualifications will be considered individually.
For the NVQ:
- You must be employed in an appropriate role within a pharmacy (min 14 hours per week)
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Applied Biology
The HND in Applied Biology prepares you for employment in the science industry and provides you with the opportunity to gain entry to relevant Degree programmes. The learning experience is a combination of laboratory based training, field work, theoretical knowledge and e-learning. The programme incorporates a number of talks by experts from the industry and includes visits to industries, university laboratories, hospital laboratories and conservation areas.
Pearson BTEC HNC in Applied Sciences
The HNC in Applied Sciences (Biology) prepares you for employment in the science industry and provides you with the opportunity to gain entry to relevant Degree programmes. The learning experience is a combination of laboratory based training, field work, theoretical knowledge and e-learning. The programme incorporates a number of talks by experts from the industry and includes visits to industries, university laboratories, hospital laboratories and conservation areas.
Pharmacy services - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
The aim of this apprenticeship is that you achieve qualified status as a Pharmacy technician within the Dispensing Pharmaceutical Industry. Candidates need to be working in a suitable role in a Pharmacy setting, for at least 14 hrs per week.