OCR Level 4 Award In the Internal Quality Assurance Of The Assessment Processes & Practice
To achieve the award, candidates must complete a total of 12 credits from 2 mandatory units. The two units are:
- Unit 401 Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
The aim of this unit is to assess knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices that underpin the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Unit 402: Internally assure the quality of assessment
The aim of this unit is to assess the IQA candidate’s performance in assuring the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
3 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
A further 3-5 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments
- Although there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, it is expected that candidates have achieved their Assessor qualification to demonstrate an understanding of assessment practices and principles and experience of using different assessment methods.
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
Level 3 Certificate for Classroom Assistants
This course is suitable if you wish to work as a classroom assistant in a school setting.
Level 3 Award in Working with Children and Young People with Special Needs
working with children who have special needs