Pearson BTEC HNC in Engineering (General)
The course aims to provide opportunities for engineers or technicians to study a wide and diverse range of subjects en route to achieving a Level 4, nationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification.
Mechanical and Electronic Engineering which together form a branch of engineering commonly referred to as Mechatronics is one of the more recent developments in the engineering discipline. It combines mechanical engineering, problem solving and design skills with the expertise of digital electronics and computer systems to produce advanced products and systems through automation and the use of robotics.
The modules offered provide a blend of theoretical and practical skills essential for the professional engineer in a modern engineering environment.
Modules studied will include:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Project
- Automation, Robotics and PLC
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Quality and Process Improvement
- Electronic Circuits and Devices
You will engage in hands-on project work in the second year and will become involved in the design, building and testing of mechatronic systems to complete the mandatory project design unit.
This is a 2-Year Programme and course fees are payable each year.
Contact Hours per week
7 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
7 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
A minimum of 48 UCAS points including:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering OR
- A GCE Advanced level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject OR
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!