VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
The VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF) is focused towards those seeking to gain employment as a Sports Massage Therapist providing sports massage to prevent and manage injury.
Through this qualification you will develop the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to apply sports massage methods competently to recent non-acute injury and pre-existing conditions.
Mandatory Units Include:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
5 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
Approximately 6 hours studying and preparing assessments. A further 5 hours clinical practice per week.
General Entry Requirements:
- The VTCT Level 3 certificate or Diploma in sports massage therapy or equivalent qualification and
- The VTCT Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology with nutrition for sports therapies or equivalent qualifications
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%+
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
This course requires an interview and skills test
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
Graduates will be able to progress onto the VTCT Level 5 Certificate in Sports Massage (QCF), which will build upon the skills, knowledge and understanding gained at Level 4.
Graduates from Level 4 are also eligible to join the SMA (Sports Massage Association) at Level 4
How will it make me more employable?
Approximate prices below of extra costs:
- Uniform: T-shirt £20
- Equipment: Massage Oils £8 (500ml) & Portable massage plinth £100-£200 for use at home.
- Mandatory Access NI fee of £33.
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
The programme will help you develop an understanding of the beauty profession and deliver the basic skills and requirements for employment in the industry. Units covered include facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures, make up application, Health and Safety
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
This one year intensive course, provides you with a broad range of options for a future career in beauty therapy.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Spa Therapy
This Programme is designed for those who want to be employed in the International Spa and Beauty Industry.