Annual CAST and CAPS Conference
Conference for the Advancement of Science and Technology (CAST) and the Conference for the Advancement of Professional Studies (CAPS) will be taking place at SERC Bangor campus on Tuesday 21st May from 9:30a.m. – 2:00p.m. in the Central Hall.
CAST and CAPS provides the opportunity for students to share industry and vocational focused project work. It provides an opportunity to share best practice and develop higher level thinking skills. It is expected that students will be delivering work that has been assessed as part of their HE study.
Group One CAST Presentations:
- Foundation Degree in Science in Applied and Medical Sciences- The determination of hydroxyl vitamin D concentration from bovine plasma and serum samples.
- HND Engineering- Design and construction of Electronic Drum kit to be developed for commercial gain.
- Foundation Degree in Mechatronic Engineering- TBC
- HND/Foundation Degree in Computing- Games / Virtual Reality Development.
- HNC/HND in Construction and the Built Environment- Plan for the Restoration of the Royal Hotel on Bangor Seafront.
- HNC/HND in Applied Biology- Impact of water quality on fish species in Craigavon rivers.
Group Two CAST Presentations:
- Foundation Degree in Sports Science, Coaching and Fitness- 'Investigation into Strength and Power Endurance Training for Senior Squad Hockey Players
- HND/FD In Tourism, Hospitality and Events- Bozzy Pub Tour
- HNC in Photography- Art and Design in the Public Realm
- HND in Performing Arts- Glass Umbrella Commissions John Moores University
- BA Business Studies- TBC
- Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management- TBC