IELTS Test Results
On the 13th day after your IELTS test, the results will be posted to the address provided on your IELTS application form. Your IELTS test certificate will be posted by royal mail recorded delivery. Results general take 1-3 working days to arrive to a UK address and up to 10 working days to an international address. On your application form please ensure that you provide the full postal address for your results (including post/zip code) ; incomplete addresses will delay the delivery of your certificate. IELTS results are also available online from 09:00h on the 13th day after your test. You can access your results online (https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx) using the information from the email sent 24 hours prior to result release date (check IELTS test dates page to see the results released date for your test.). Your results will remain online for approximately 3 weeks.
How is my IELTS score calculated?
You can't fail IELTS. The test assesses all levels of English based on a 9-band scale. You will be given a score from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The average produces your overall band score. You can score whole (e.g., 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half (e.g., 5.5, 6.5, 7.5) bands in each part of the test. For further information please see: https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/find-out-about-results/understand-your-ielts-scores
Additional Test Report Forms
Additional copies of your IELTS Test Report Form for Universities, Colleges or Employers are available upon request at the cost of £20 per copy. You need to:
- Please request for an Additional TRF form by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and return the signed form to the email at email@example.com
- Please include a copy of your Passport, National Identity Card or Biometric card
Up to five (5) copies of your TRF will be posted to the relevant institution(s) you have listed on your IELTS application form.
Enquiry on Result ( Re-mark of an IELTS result)
If you wishes to have any part of the IELTS score remarked, the following procedure must be followed:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an Enquiry on Result application form.
- Centre details can be found at the top of your Test Report Form e.g. Centre number and candidate number.
- Please complete and return the form to IELTS Office, SERC, 25 Castle Street, Lisburn BT27 4SU.
- There is a £95.00 for this service. A collection of payment will be arranged when the centre receives the form,
- Your exam material will be sent to the British Council for remarking by a Senior Examiner. The British Council will notify the IELTS centre of the Senior Examiner’s decision.
- A letter will be posted to you advising you of the decision from the British Council.
- What if a change is made to my results? – You will be sent a new Test Report Form showing the changes made. Within approximately 10 working days and your fees will be refunded.
- What if there is no change to my results? – The Senior Examiner’s decision is final and no refund of the enquiry fee will be made. Your original Test Report Form will remain valid and this will be returned to you by post.
Test Dates & Fees
The SERC IELTS Test Centre conducts monthly tests in Bangor and Lisburn. IELTS scores are accepted worldwide.
How To Register
Find out more about IELTS at SERC and how to register for the tests online today.
Test Day Information
Know what to expect on test day and what you should bring along to the test.