Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A Minimum of 32 UCAS Points
- GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
You should possess at least one of the following:
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a relevant area
- A Level Music and 4 GCSEs at Grade C to include Maths and English
- Relevant industrial experience
- Good music performance and/or production skills
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the course through the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL). APEL is a process by which you may be awarded credits for learning that you have gained in the past, and which is relevant to the course to which you have applied. It may also help you gain entry to a programme if you do not have the required entry qualifications. This may be certificated or experiential learning.
Other qualifications may be considered.
All applicants will undergo an interview, sit a music theory test, a music technology test and either play a piece of music on their principle instrument (music performance) or present a portfolio of music recordings (music production).
The interview process will involve an interview and online test. The outcomes of which, along with the required grades, will determine your successful entry to this programme.
Please note that if the course is oversubscribed additional criteria will be applied.