SERC staff and students are keeping their cookery and baking skills as sharp as their kitchen knives with weekly food recipes designed to tantalise the taste buds.
If you have any delicious recipes or pictures of your culinary creations you would like to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in next week's College Cuisine.
This week’s recipe shows you how to make your own Spicy Carrot and Potato Soup. The recipe is as follows:
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 white onions, peeled
- 7 medium carrots
- 4 sticks celery
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 50g vegetable bouillon paste, prepared with water as per pack instructions
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Roughly dice or chop all the vegetables and spray a soup saucepan with a light oil. Gently sauté the vegetables for 10 minutes, then add all the spices allow to cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to your saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Liquidise everything and reheat before serving.
- Season to taste and garnish with fresh coriander.
These recipes would not be possible without the hard work of SERC’s catering staff, who strive to create excellent meals as well as maintaining a Microsoft Teams page for these recipes to be shared between staff and students. If you are interested in cooking at a professional level, please click here to view our full time Hospitality and Catering courses.
Apply now for courses commencing September 2020. For more information visit www.serc.ac.uk to find out how you could be #BetterOffAtSERC
#OnlineAndOpenForBusiness Find us on Facebook, search SERC.