SERC Graduation 2022 and Call for Award Nominations
Information on 2022 Graduation and Awards.
0 min read
12 May 2022
SERC will be hosting its Graduation ceremony at the Waterfront Hall/ICC Belfast on 2 September 2022. Graduation is one of the college’s showpiece events that celebrates the excellent achievements of our higher education students and we’re excited for its welcome return to the college calendar.
This will be the first Graduation since September 2019 due to the impact of COVID-19. As restrictions meant we couldn’t have our traditional Graduation ceremonies in 2020 and 2021, we are delighted to extend the invitation to this year’s ceremony to our 2020 and 2021 graduates along with our 2022 cohort of graduands.
Information on ticket sales and a link for their purchase will be available in the near future.
Graduation will also provide an opportunity to recognise those outstanding students whose activity and achievements surpass expectations, as we will be presenting Higher Education Excellence Awards. If you submitted a nomination for a Higher Education Student of the Year for our Excellence Awards in March, your nomination will be taken into consideration, providing they will be graduating this academic year. Any previous submissions of students who aren’t graduating this academic year, will then be considered for next academic year.
Six awards will be presented;
- HE Student of the Year- School Applied Science and Sport
- HE Student of the Year- School of Computing and Engineering
- HE Student of the Year- School of Construction, Engineering Services and Skills for Work
- HE Student of the Year- Health, Early Years and Adult Education
- HE Student of the Year- Hospitality, Management, Tourism and Languages
- HE Student of the Year- School of Performing and Creative Arts
HE Student of the year will be awarded to one winner per school. This award is open to any final year student on course to graduate this September from any course level 4 or higher including HND, HNC, Foundation Degree, Degree or HLA. Nominees for HE student of the year should demonstrate or have demonstrated
- A positive contribution to their class
- Good attendance
- Good initiative
- Collaborating well with staff and fellow students
- Good contribution to their employer's workforce (in the case of a HLA submission)
Nominations can also include any other supportive information that demonstrates the student’s exemplary year of excellence, such as their commitment to learning in the face of a challenge or enhancing the student experience.
To nominate a student for any of the above categories please click here.
Visit www.serc.ac.uk to unlock your future #BetterOffAtSERC.