Liverpool John Moores University BA Business Studies
The BA (Hons) Business Studies Degree programme is designed to equip students with the necessary skills to enter into the general business environment on completion of the programme of study. This programme is delivered on a full-time basis over a period of 3 years.
This programme is delivered on a full-time basis over a period of 3 years. Students are required to complete 7 modules in Year 1, 8 modules in Year 2 and 5 modules in Year 3. Students are expected to complete a minimum of 20 hrs independent study each week.
Modules of the programme are listed below; all modules are mandatory.
Subjects of study include:
- Contemporary Business Issues
- Business Process Management
- Digital Business
- Academic and Business Skills
- Marketing for Business
- Organisational Behaviour
- Finance & Accounting Skills
- Employability Skills
- Economics & Regulation
- Managing Business Projects
- Law for Business Studies
- International Institutions, Trade & Markets
- Research Methods
Level 5 Optional Modules (from which 2 will be chosen)
- Managing People
- Service Quality Management
- International Monetary & Financial Systems
- Consumer & Buyer Behaviour in Action
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Strategic Management
- Business Studies Project OR Strategic Decision Making & Business Consultancy
Level 6 Optional Modules (from which 2 will be chosen)
- International Corporate Finance
- Managing Performance & Engagement
- Employment Law in Context
- Business Quality Management
- Marketing for Emerging Markets
- Strategic Branding
- International Business Organisations
- international Business Cultures
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
15 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study
Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
20 hours studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online
GCSE and University General Entrance requirement statement
- Three GCSE to include GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
A minimum of 96 UCAS points including:
- Two A Levels at A2 OR
- Level 3 National Diploma
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%-65%+ with one science module at 60%+
- Co Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Level 2, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
Where will it take me?
On successful completion of this programme you will enhance your professional development and as a Business Studies graduate you will be able to offer a current or potential employer a range of business skills that will be beneficial to their organisation.
Possible further study may include postgraduate qualifications such as Masters Degrees, and professional qualifications from bodies such as Chartered Institute of Marketing, Institute of Personnel Development, Accounting Technicians Ireland, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, Association of Project Management.
How will it make me more employable?
You will learn transferrable skills such as communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership and critical thinking which will help you to apply to relevant jobs within the business environment. The programme is designed to facilitate your development of a range of graduate qualities that are highly valued in the workplace. These include:
- Having an ability to operate with a body of knowledge
- Being an effective problem solver
- Working autonomously and collaboratively
- Demonstrating commitment to ethical action and social responsibility
- Communicating effectively
Additional Costs Students may also be required to participate in industrial visits; the costs of the industrial visits throughout the year including a short residential are estimated at a cost to the student of approx. £100 in total. Students may also have the opportunity to participate in an International Study Tour, which would be self-funded at a cost of approximately £350 by the student.
Course and Provider regulated by Liverpool John Moore University
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
ATI Level 5 Diploma for Accounting Technicians
The Level 5 Diploma is the 2nd year of the ATI (Accounting Technicians Ireland) qualification.
Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business
This is a 2 year standalone course it is equivalent to 3 A Levels. Through this course you will learn about a range of business-related topics
Ulster University Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management
The Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management, validated by the Ulster University, has been developed to upskill and professionalise current and future business leaders.