Domestic Electrical Installers
Domestic Electrical Installer training covers:
- Legislation and standards
- Definitions and basic principles
- Design specification and cable installation
- Special locations
- Notification and Competent Persons Schemes (CPS)
- Mains position and identification of system types
- Earthing and bonding Safety devices (identification, installation, replacement and testing)
- Safe isolation and working practice
- Installation, extension and additions to power and lighting circuits
- Installation and replacement of consumer units within a domestic installation
- Inspection, testing and certification (both Minor Works Certificates and Electrical Installation Certificates.)
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures)
You will develop the practical skills and knowledge essential to employment within the Electrical industry. You will achieve all the Level 2 outcomes required to match the occupational framework.
Electrical Engineering - Skills for Work (Level 2)
This course is designed to prepare you for a career in the electrical engineering and electrical installation industry.
Electrical Installation - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
You will be working with your employer in addition to attending the college. You will achieve all the Level 3 outcomes required to match the occupational framework.