Level 4 in Computer Aided Design and Manufacture
The course is studied over a period of 17 weeks and comprises a single unit accreditation for Unit 23: Computer Aided Design and Manufacture (CAD/CAM) from the Pearson BTEC HNC Engineering qualification.
Among the topics included in this unit are: programming methods, component set-up, tooling, solid modelling, geometry manipulation, component drawing, importing solid model, manufacturing simulation, data transfer, CNC machine types and inspections
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours Per Week 3 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
Personal Study to include Practical Assessments
A further 3 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials
General Entry Requirements:
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include:
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
- A minimum of 64 UCAS points
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
This course comprises single unit accreditation for Unit 23: Computer Aided Design and Manufacture (CAD/CAM) from the Pearson BTEC HNC Engineering qualification.
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 National Diploma Engineering - Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is the equivalent to 2 A levels. This course incorporates current technical knowledge with industry recognised practical training
Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering - Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is equivalent to 3 A levels and contains a mixture of theoretical units and industry recognised practical training.
Engineering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2) (Fabrication and Welding)
Gives you the training and skills to work in the engineering industry or progress to further study